- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Thanks for help with VFW delivery
To the editor:On behalf of VFW Post 3838, I would like to thank Cape Auto & Truck Sales, owner Tom Ambruster and salesmen Bob and Darren for the use of the 42-foot truck with the lift on the back so we could make our annual food delivery to the Salvation Army, FISH and the Red Star Food Pantry. We delivered 3,900 items to each for a total of 11,700 items. Without the use of the truck it would have been a very tough job.
VFW Post 3838 would also like to thank Country Mart in Jackson for ordering the food and helping us load it on pallets -- quite a job. Also, thank you Pete Rhodes for ordering the different kinds of food and to Lee Fullbright, Bill Ogle, Fred Schmidt, Elmer Schearf and Floyd Smith for delivering the food. We really enjoyed it. It is part of the community service VFW Post 3838 does every year.
Happy holidays to all.
MELVIN N. KUEHLE, Trustee, VFW Post 3838, Cape Girardeau