- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Thanks for help with VFW delivery
To the editor:On behalf of VFW Post 3838, I would like to thank Cape Auto & Truck Sales, owner Tom Ambruster and salesmen Bob and Darren for the use of the 42-foot truck with the lift on the back so we could make our annual food delivery to the Salvation Army, FISH and the Red Star Food Pantry. We delivered 3,900 items to each for a total of 11,700 items. Without the use of the truck it would have been a very tough job.
VFW Post 3838 would also like to thank Country Mart in Jackson for ordering the food and helping us load it on pallets -- quite a job. Also, thank you Pete Rhodes for ordering the different kinds of food and to Lee Fullbright, Bill Ogle, Fred Schmidt, Elmer Schearf and Floyd Smith for delivering the food. We really enjoyed it. It is part of the community service VFW Post 3838 does every year.
Happy holidays to all.
MELVIN N. KUEHLE, Trustee, VFW Post 3838, Cape Girardeau