- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Thanks for help with VFW delivery
To the editor:On behalf of VFW Post 3838, I would like to thank Cape Auto & Truck Sales, owner Tom Ambruster and salesmen Bob and Darren for the use of the 42-foot truck with the lift on the back so we could make our annual food delivery to the Salvation Army, FISH and the Red Star Food Pantry. We delivered 3,900 items to each for a total of 11,700 items. Without the use of the truck it would have been a very tough job.
VFW Post 3838 would also like to thank Country Mart in Jackson for ordering the food and helping us load it on pallets -- quite a job. Also, thank you Pete Rhodes for ordering the different kinds of food and to Lee Fullbright, Bill Ogle, Fred Schmidt, Elmer Schearf and Floyd Smith for delivering the food. We really enjoyed it. It is part of the community service VFW Post 3838 does every year.
Happy holidays to all.
MELVIN N. KUEHLE, Trustee, VFW Post 3838, Cape Girardeau