- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Thanks for help with VFW delivery
To the editor:On behalf of VFW Post 3838, I would like to thank Cape Auto & Truck Sales, owner Tom Ambruster and salesmen Bob and Darren for the use of the 42-foot truck with the lift on the back so we could make our annual food delivery to the Salvation Army, FISH and the Red Star Food Pantry. We delivered 3,900 items to each for a total of 11,700 items. Without the use of the truck it would have been a very tough job.
VFW Post 3838 would also like to thank Country Mart in Jackson for ordering the food and helping us load it on pallets -- quite a job. Also, thank you Pete Rhodes for ordering the different kinds of food and to Lee Fullbright, Bill Ogle, Fred Schmidt, Elmer Schearf and Floyd Smith for delivering the food. We really enjoyed it. It is part of the community service VFW Post 3838 does every year.
Happy holidays to all.
MELVIN N. KUEHLE, Trustee, VFW Post 3838, Cape Girardeau