- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)10
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Thanks for help with VFW delivery
To the editor:On behalf of VFW Post 3838, I would like to thank Cape Auto & Truck Sales, owner Tom Ambruster and salesmen Bob and Darren for the use of the 42-foot truck with the lift on the back so we could make our annual food delivery to the Salvation Army, FISH and the Red Star Food Pantry. We delivered 3,900 items to each for a total of 11,700 items. Without the use of the truck it would have been a very tough job.
VFW Post 3838 would also like to thank Country Mart in Jackson for ordering the food and helping us load it on pallets -- quite a job. Also, thank you Pete Rhodes for ordering the different kinds of food and to Lee Fullbright, Bill Ogle, Fred Schmidt, Elmer Schearf and Floyd Smith for delivering the food. We really enjoyed it. It is part of the community service VFW Post 3838 does every year.
Happy holidays to all.
MELVIN N. KUEHLE, Trustee, VFW Post 3838, Cape Girardeau