- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Michael D. Blanchard, 63, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Dec. 17, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Nov. 20, 1944, in Owensboro, Ky., son of James and Lorene Southard Blanchard.
Blanchard was employed by Union Local 37 as an insulation installer, retiring in 1997. He then worked at K's Merchandise eight years. He was a member of Iona Baptist Church.
He served in the National Guard five years.
He is survived by three sons, Jason and Justin Blanchard of Cape Girardeau, Michael Blanchard of Ringgold, Ga.; a daughter, Misty Mitchell of Adairsville, Ga.; three granddaughters, Kristalyn DeMoe, Karrissa DeMoe and Kimberly Mitchell, all of Adairsville.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.