- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Region briefs 1/28/04
House committee backs ban on gay marriage
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Marriage would be restricted to "the union of a man and a woman" under a proposed amendment to the Missouri Constitution, approved Tuesday by a House committee. The proposal, endorsed by the House Children and Families Committee on an 8-6 party-line vote, would go before voters in November if approved by the legislature. The measure now goes to the full House.
Former jailer sentenced on drug conviction
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- A former jailer has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for stealing prescription drugs, Xanax, and selling them to an inmate. Randal Jason Vandiver, 20, pleaded guilty Wednesday to the Class B felony of distribution of a controlled substance.
-- From wire reports