- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Eastern Missouri soldier dies of noncombat injuries
FORT POLK, La. (AP) -- An eastern Missouri soldier has died of injuries he received in a noncombat incident in Baghdad, the Army reported Monday.
Sgt. Austin D. Pratt, 22, of Cadet, Mo., died Saturday. He was an infantryman assigned to 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment of the 10th Mountain Division.
Pratt joined the Army in May 2004 and has been stationed at Fort Polk since September 2004, the Army said. His death is being investigated.