- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Peggy J. Claxton, 75, of Anna died Friday, Dec. 14, 2007, at her home.
She was born Aug. 26, 1932, in Anna, daughter of Charles A. and Minnie Norris Vaughn. She and George H. "Peck" Claxton were married Nov. 22, 1952, in Corinth, Miss. He died Jan. 14, 1990.
Claxton was a member of Ladies Auxiliary to VFW Post 3455 and Ladies of the Moose Auxiliary 1181.
Survivors include two daughters, Julie Bulli of Springfield, Ill., Marcy McFadden of Anna; a sister, Jean Halbin of Anna; a brother, Harold Vaughn of Makanda, Ill.; a friend, Ralph Womack of Jonesboro, Ill.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents and seven brothers and sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Bill Littrell officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.