- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Mildred A. Newlon, 100, of Cairo died Thursday, Dec. 13, 2007, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Oct. 11, 1907, in Dongola, Ill., daughter of Charles J. and Effie McNaughton Resch. She married Henry Newlon, who died in 1973.
Newlon had been a receptionist at Morse Motel in Cairo.
Survivors include two nephews, John Resch of Dongola and Dale Resch of Rosedale, Ind.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at American Legion Cemetery in Dongola, with the Rev. Dare Aden officiating.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.