- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Richard "Dick" Tweedy, 64, of Stone Mountain, Ga., died Friday, Jan. 23, 2004, in Summerville, S.C.
He was born Feb. 16, 1939, in Jonesboro, son of Clarence and Virgie Bass Tweedy. He and Patricia Fusaro were married Nov. 23, 1958, in Huntington, Long Island, N.Y.
Tweedy worked in the dietary department for the Department of Corrections. He was a member of Jonesboro Masonic Lodge 111 and Ashley River Senior Seals.
He served in the U.S. Air Force six years.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Rick Tweedy of Anna, Mike Tweedy of Clovis, N.M.; two daughters, Gina Eddleman of Vienna, Ill., Patty Misker of Marion, Ill.; two brothers, Clarence "Bub" Tweedy of Goreville, Ill., Mike Tweedy of Harlingen, Texas; three sisters, Carol Gordon of Islip, N.Y., Joan Bartruff and Janice "Mickey" Strew of Anna; eight grandchildren; and two great-granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Masonic rites will be conducted at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna, with the Rev. Kristian Piasta officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery, with military rites by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.