- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Earleen Jean Poole, 50, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Jan. 26, 2004, at her home.
She was born March 17, 1953, in Honolulu, Hawaii, daughter of Earl M. and Flora J. Correia Sumner Sr. She and Matthew Poole were married April 1, 1983, in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
Mrs. Poole was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church, member and former vice president of its Ladies Aid, and member of VFW Post 3838 Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband; her mother of Honolulu; two sons, Donavan Anthony Francis of Albuquerque, N.M., Michael Wayne Francis of Fullerton, Calif.; a brother, Earl M. Sumner Jr. of Honolulu; four sisters, Pat Correiro of Honolulu, Geraldine McBride of Niceville, Fla., Bernadine Boyd and Cindy Sumner of Honolulu; a grandson, Jesse William Lawai'a Francis of Wilmington, Calif.; a brother-in-law, Mark K. Poole of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Patti L. Poole of Cape Girardeau; and a niece, Kirsten L. Poole of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Daniel Hackney officiating. Burial will be in Hanover Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hanover Lutheran Church Ladies Aid.