- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)5
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)8
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Church divisions do not adhere to Bible teaching
To the editor:
We all disagree. This is what has caused all the divisions in Jesus' church.The Bible cannot be more clear.
Romans 16:17: "Avoid those who cause divisions among you." I Corinthians 1:10: "I urge that there be no divisions among you."
Many claim there is an invisible unity because we all believe in Jesus. Wrong. Jesus did not establish an invisible church.
Are we really one as the Bible teaches? The Bible says that when Jesus comes back, he will come back to a church "without blemish." All the divisions within his church are a blemish, and Jesus will reunite us in his time and before his return, despite anyone who does not wish to do his will.