- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Church divisions do not adhere to Bible teaching
To the editor:
We all disagree. This is what has caused all the divisions in Jesus' church.The Bible cannot be more clear.
Romans 16:17: "Avoid those who cause divisions among you." I Corinthians 1:10: "I urge that there be no divisions among you."
Many claim there is an invisible unity because we all believe in Jesus. Wrong. Jesus did not establish an invisible church.
Are we really one as the Bible teaches? The Bible says that when Jesus comes back, he will come back to a church "without blemish." All the divisions within his church are a blemish, and Jesus will reunite us in his time and before his return, despite anyone who does not wish to do his will.