- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Church divisions do not adhere to Bible teaching
To the editor:
We all disagree. This is what has caused all the divisions in Jesus' church.The Bible cannot be more clear.
Romans 16:17: "Avoid those who cause divisions among you." I Corinthians 1:10: "I urge that there be no divisions among you."
Many claim there is an invisible unity because we all believe in Jesus. Wrong. Jesus did not establish an invisible church.
Are we really one as the Bible teaches? The Bible says that when Jesus comes back, he will come back to a church "without blemish." All the divisions within his church are a blemish, and Jesus will reunite us in his time and before his return, despite anyone who does not wish to do his will.