- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Church divisions do not adhere to Bible teaching
To the editor:
We all disagree. This is what has caused all the divisions in Jesus' church.The Bible cannot be more clear.
Romans 16:17: "Avoid those who cause divisions among you." I Corinthians 1:10: "I urge that there be no divisions among you."
Many claim there is an invisible unity because we all believe in Jesus. Wrong. Jesus did not establish an invisible church.
Are we really one as the Bible teaches? The Bible says that when Jesus comes back, he will come back to a church "without blemish." All the divisions within his church are a blemish, and Jesus will reunite us in his time and before his return, despite anyone who does not wish to do his will.