- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Amanda Marie Sharp and Christopher Paul Parker were married Dec. 30, 2006, at St. Peter's Catholic Church in Greenville, N.C. The Rev. Pat McDevitt performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Mary Sue and Paul Babb of Santa Cruz, Calif., and the late John Roland Sharp. The groom is the son of Paul and Earlon Parker of Rocky Mount, N.C. Mrs. Babb is formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Jill Edwards of St. Louis, and matron of honor was Jenni Smith of Greenville. Bridesmaids were Dee Barbee of Winterville, N.C.; Melissa and Sherry Parker of Rocky Mount, sisters-in-law of the groom; Emily Sharp of Sinking Springs, Pa., and Jessica Sharp of Cape Girardeau, sisters of the bride. Junior bridesmaids were Kelsey and Haley Parker of Rocky Mount, nieces of the groom.
Best man was Chadwick Parker of Rocky Mount, brother of the groom. Groomsmen were the groom's father; Colin and Jacob Parker of Rocky Mount, brothers of the groom; Joel Smith of Greenville; Chris Sharp of Santa Cruz, brother of the bride; and Joseph Coulson of Cincinnati, Ohio, cousin of the bride. Junior groomsman was John Coulson of Cincinnati, cousin of the bride.
Flower girl was Danielle Hogan, daughter of Steve and Mary Hogan of Cincinnati and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Spencer Parker, son of Chad and Sherry Parker and nephew of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Ashton Barbee of Winterville and April Burns of Morehead City, N.C.
The reception was held at Rock Springs Center.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Dec. 29 at Rock Springs.
Mrs. Parker received bachelor and master of science degrees in criminal justice from East Carolina University, and is enrolled in the doctoral program in criminology at the University of South Florida. She is employed at the University of South Florida.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in business management from East Carolina University. He is manager at Golden Corral in Fort Myers, Fla.
After a wedding trip to Maui, Hawaii, the couple resides in Cape Coral, Fla.