- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Toddler safe after thief released from stolen car in Springfield
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) -- The search has ended for a toddler who was sleeping inside an idling car when it was stolen.
The 3-year-old had been missing about two hours when he knocked on the door of a Springfield apartment around 1 Friday morning.
Springfield police said the boy was not hurt but was cold from having been outside as temperatures dipped to 28 degrees.
The theft happened Thursday night after the boy's father went inside a friend's house and left his son sleeping on the back seat of the unlocked car. The father looked outside and saw the car being driven away.
Police said the stolen car was recovered around 3 this morning about 70 miles away from Springfield in Waynesville.