- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Cynthia Lois White, 82, of Clinton, Ill., formerly of Dongola, died Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2007.
She was born Nov. 6, 1925, in Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Theodore and Hazel Windings Goins. She and Robert E. White were married Dec. 13, 1945. He died April 29, 1985.
White was a member of the United Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include three sons, Kenny White of Kenney, Ill., the Rev. Jerry White of Heyworth, Ill., David White of Clinton; two daughters, Jill Stamp of Anna, Ill., Jackie Chihara of Dongola; four brothers, Ted Goins of Jonesboro, Ill., the Rev. Robert and Glen Goins of Anna, Eddie Goins of Dongola; four sisters, Betty and Lucille Temke of Dongola, Joyce Cameron and Wilma Roach of Anna; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, a sister and a grandchild.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna, and after 10 a.m. Saturday at Dongola United Pentecostal Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Robert Goins officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.