- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Evelyn Swan, 93, of O'Fallon, Mo., formerly of Perryville, died Monday, Dec. 10, 2007, at Garden View Care Center in O'Fallon.
She was born June 25, 1914, in Perry County, daughter of Herman C. and Bernice Zahner Kiefer. She and Raymond L. Swan were married April 14, 1932. He died March 11, 1974.
She was a former member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, Daughters of Isabella and Senior Citizens.
Survivors include a son, Bill Swan of Florissant, Mo.; a daughter, Lindalee Riley of St. Charles, Mo.; two brothers, Everett Kiefer and Herman Kiefer Jr., both of Perryville; a sister, Eileen Kadavi of Perryville; 10 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6:30 to 9 a.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 a.m. today at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.