- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Evelyn Swan, 93, of O'Fallon, Mo., formerly of Perryville, died Monday, Dec. 10, 2007, at Garden View Care Center in O'Fallon.
She was born June 25, 1914, in Perry County, daughter of Herman C. and Bernice Zahner Kiefer. She and Raymond L. Swan were married April 14, 1932. He died March 11, 1974.
She was a former member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, Daughters of Isabella and Senior Citizens.
Survivors include a son, Bill Swan of Florissant, Mo.; a daughter, Lindalee Riley of St. Charles, Mo.; two brothers, Everett Kiefer and Herman Kiefer Jr., both of Perryville; a sister, Eileen Kadavi of Perryville; 10 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6:30 to 9 a.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 a.m. today at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.