- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
COMMERCE, Mo. -- Georgia Lee Lawrence, 94, formerly of the Commerce area, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2007, in Tampa, Fla.
She was born April 22, 1913, in Scott County, daughter of Henry David and Laura Anna Koch Miller. She and John Thanet Lawrence were married Jan. 26, 1935, in Commerce. He died Sept. 3, 1974.
Survivors include two sons, Addison Lee Lawrence of Port Aransas, Texas, John Miller Lawrence of Tampa; seven grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jim Norris officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to the John T. and Georgia Lee Lawrence Scholarship Fund, Southeast Missouri University Foundation, One University Plaza MS 7300, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.