- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Vivian M. Menz, 75, of Perkins, Mo., died Sunday, Jan. 25, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Gir-ardeau.
She was born April 26, 1928, at Powe, Mo., daughter of the late Buster and Carrie Jackson Dortch. She and Robert "Robby" Menz were married Oct. 12, 1942. He died on Nov. 16, 2000.
Menz was a retired co-owner of the Perkins Motor Works in Perkins, Mo., and a member of the Perkins Baptist Church. She was also a member of the Perkins Needle Club, the W.M.U. and an active member of the Perkins community.
Survivors include three sons, Robert Menz of Sidney, Ohio, Kenneth Menz of Chaffee, Mo., and Mike Menz of Perkins; one daughter, Joyce Menz of Jackson; 13 grandchildren; eight great grandchildren; and two great great grandsons.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Funeral will be Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the chapel. The Rev. Rick Crump will officiate, with burial in Williams Cemetery in Perkins.