- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Evelyn Swan, 93, of O'Fallon, Mo., formerly of Perryville, died Monday, Dec. 10, 2007, at Garden View Care Center in O'Fallon.
She was born June 25, 1914, in Perry County, daughter of Herman C. and Bernice Zahner Kiefer.
She and Raymond L. Swan were married April 14, 1932. He died March 11, 1974.
She was a former member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, Daughters of Isabella and the Senior Citizens.
Survivors include a son, Bill Swan of Florissant, Mo.; a daughter, Lindalee Riley of St. Charles, Mo.; two brothers, Everett Kiefer and Herman Kiefer Jr., both of Perryville; a sister, Eileen Kadavi of Perryville; 10 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville. A Catholic wake will be at 5 p.m. today.
Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.