- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
(Sikeston, Mo.) Standard Democrat
One small portion of the Medicaid program involves "personal care services" intended to allow 37,000 elderly or disabled Missourians to remain in their own homes rather than move to nursing homes.
A new state audit of that program shows that identical services in St. Louis and Kansas City are costing the state twice the amount that is being charged in outstate Missouri. ...
And thus we have yet another example for those who believe we have ample programs to provide for the needy but we lack sufficient safeguards that taxpayer dollars are indeed being spent fairly and accurately. ...