- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Doughnut thief gets probation
FARMINGTON, Mo. -- The man who was charged with robbery after stealing a doughnut has been placed on probation.
Scott Masters, 41, of Park Hills, Mo. pleaded guilty Friday to second-degree robbery and was placed on five years of supervised probation.
Assistant prosecuting attorney Pat King and Masters' attorney, Chris Klaverkamp, agreed he should be placed on probation and serve 90 days in the county jail with credit for the time he has already served.
Masters admitted to taking a doughnut without paying from a convenience store. He said a woman tried to stop him and he pushed her and took off running -- and threw away the doughnut.