- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Venita Evans Morris, 88, of McClure, Ill., died Friday, Dec. 7, 2007, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles T. and Josephine Stillwell Clark.
She married William B. Evans on March 21, 1936, in Cairo, Ill. He died April 13, 1972. On Aug. 25, 1973, she married Edwin Morris in Wisconsin. He died Nov. 28, 1977.
She was co-owner of Sunshine Cleaners in Cape Girar-deau and in 1993 worked as the director of the Senior Citizens Service Agency of Alexander County in Cairo until her retirement.
She was a member of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel and the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two grandsons, William David Evans and Michael Clark Evans; two great-granddaughters, Brooke Anne Evans and Amanda Mae Evans; and a daughter-in-law, Dorothylyn J. Evans, all of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her son, William Clark Evans, July 4, her parents, a brother and a sister.
Graveside rites will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fairmount Cemetery, with the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel of Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel officiating. There will be no visitation.
Memorial may be given to Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel or the charity of your choice.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.