- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ST. LOUIS -- Steven Van Allen, 54, of Barnhart, Mo., died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2007, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born April 14, 1953, in Cape Girardeau, son of Benjamin and Inez Hickam Allen.
He married Debbie Benham on March 10, 1979.
He was a salesman. He was a member of Harmony Lions Club, was an Eagle Scout and was part of the Civil Air Patrol. He served 10 years as a chairman with the St. Louis Transplant Support Group.
Survivors include his wife, Debbie Allen of Barnhart; two daughters, Ashley Allen and Andrea Allen; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Wednesday at Kutis South County Chapel in St. Louis.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jeff Arthur officiating.
Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lemay, Mo.