- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ST. LOUIS -- Bill M. Faris, 67, of St. Louis died Sunday, Dec. 9, 2007, at St. Louis VA Medical Center. He was born July 12, 1930.
He passed away peacefully in his sleep after a brief battle with liver cancer.
Beloved son, husband, father, grandfather and brother, he is survived by his mother, Jewel; first wife, Pansy and their children Laura (Tom), Lisa (John), and Eric (Renate); wife Colleen and their son, Bill (Traci); grandchildren Gabriel (Annie), Ashley, Emily, John and William; great-grandchild Caroline; siblings, Patricia (Emery), Jim (Betty), John (Brenda), Dave (Cindy) and Betty (Arwin) who preceded him in death.
Bill grew up in Cape Girar-deau and graduated from Central High School and Southeast Missouri State University.
He honorably served in the United States Air Force.
He later worked for Lederle Laboratories and the MEM Company.
Though absent from us, we are left with a lifetime of love and wonderful stories.
Honoring his modest wishes, his body was donated to Washington University School of Medicine. A private family remembrance was held.