- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)20
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Litterbug sports pink sign as penalty
BRIDGEPORT, Ohio -- A litterbug became a walking warning not to mess with Bridgeport -- or its mayor.
Tommy LaShare and his girlfriend were caught emptying their ashtrays on the street, police said. That landed LaShare in the court of Mayor John Callarik, who is waging a battle against litter.
The mayor offered jail time, community service, $1,000 in fines -- or two eight-hour stints walking the streets wearing a hot pink sandwich board with the message "Cigarette Butts Are Litter." LaShare chose the sign.