- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Litterbug sports pink sign as penalty
BRIDGEPORT, Ohio -- A litterbug became a walking warning not to mess with Bridgeport -- or its mayor.
Tommy LaShare and his girlfriend were caught emptying their ashtrays on the street, police said. That landed LaShare in the court of Mayor John Callarik, who is waging a battle against litter.
The mayor offered jail time, community service, $1,000 in fines -- or two eight-hour stints walking the streets wearing a hot pink sandwich board with the message "Cigarette Butts Are Litter." LaShare chose the sign.