- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Venita Evans Morris
Venita Evans Morris, 88, of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, Dec. 7, 2007, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles T. and Josephine Stillwell Clark. She married William B. Evans on March 21, 1936, in Cairo, Ill. He died April 13, 1972. She later married Edwin Morris in Wisconsin on Aug. 25, 1973. He died Nov. 28, 1977.
Morris was co-owner of Sunshine Cleaners in Cape Girardeau. She worked as the director of the Senior Citizens Service Agency of Alexander County in Cairo in 1993 until her retirement. She was a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW 3838 in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel.
She is survived by two grandsons and two great-granddaughters.
Morris was preceded in death by a son and her parents.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel officiating.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel of Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.