- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Margaret A. Greene, 64, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Jan. 23, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 24, 1939, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Willie and Ethel Lincoln Mecham. She and Clyde E. Greene were married Feb. 26, 1982, in Cape Girardeau.
Greene had worked in Chaffee, Cape Girardeau, St. Louis and Kansas City, Mo., and was a bookkeeper 18 years at Lohmann Supply Co. in Cape Girardeau.
She was a 1957 graduate of Central High School. She was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church, VFW Post 3838 Auxiliary and Eagles Aerie Auxiliary 3775.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Tonya Boland of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Karen Dodds, Debbie Brown and Lisa Burkhart of Cape Girardeau, Cheryl Merkler of Jackson; three stepdaughters; three grandsons; and 11 stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and Monday at Hanover Lutheran Church from 9 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the church. The Revs. Daniel Hackney and William Matzat will officiate. Burial will be in Hanover Church Cemetery.