- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
GRAND TOWER, Ill. -- Mildred E. Snell, 92, of Grand Tower died Thursday, Jan. 22, 2004, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
She was born June 17, 1911, in Villa Ridge, Ill., daughter of R.C. and Cordelia Book Prewitt. She and Elmer A. Snell were married Sept. 21, 1928, in Cairo, Ill. He died Feb. 20, 1972.
Snell was a member of the Church of God in Gale, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Dale Snell of Yuma, Ariz.; a daughter, LaVerne Hill of Thebes, Ill.; a sister, Stella Simmons of Gale; five grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Wayne Murphy officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.