- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lars Meredith Stevenson, 93, of Jackson died Thursday, Jan. 22, 2004, at Monticello House.
He was born Oct. 20, 1910, in Shawneetown, son of Hugh Roy and Lula Emma Gladish Stevenson. He and Wanda Garrett were married March 14, 1943.
Stevenson served 15 years active duty with the U.S. Army Air Corps, and later served 20 years in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. He was an operating engineer with Franklin Earth Moving in Albuquerque, N.M., retiring in 1970. He moved to Jackson in 1987.
Survivors include his wife; two brothers, John Stevenson of Denair, Calif., Robert Stevenson of Jacksonville, Fla.; and a sister, Roberta McDowell of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
A service will be held at a later date in Bluff, Utah.
Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home is in charge of local arrangements.