- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Theresia Louisa Pobst, 93, of Oran died Friday, Jan. 23, 2004, at Lincoln Plaza Nursing Center in Lonoke, Ark.
She was born March 7, 1910, at Kelso, Mo., daughter of Jacob and Louisa Caroline Burger Leible. She and Leo Wendlon Pobst were married March 29, 1932. He died March 16, 1986.
Pobst had been a cook at Oran Public Schools. She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church, St. Ann Sodality, KC-Etts Council 4311 and Oran Senior Citizens.
Survivors include a son, Charles E. Pobst of North Little Rock, Ark.; two grandsons and granddaughters-in-law, Michael and Kathy Pobst of Sherwood, Ark., Chris and Ruby Pobst of Natchitoches, La.; three great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandsons.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 7, and Knights of Columbus rosary at 7:15.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.