- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Many volunteers made coalition's efforts possible
To the editor:
On behalf of the core members of the SEMO Coalition for Peace and Justice, I would like to thank the committee that chose our organization for one of this year's Martin Luther King Jr. community service awards. This is an unexpected honor beyond description, and we are truly overwhelmed. I would also like to thank the hundreds of individuals who, during the last year and a half, contributed to the coalition's efforts to make this a better and safer place for everyone.
We continue standing in solidarity with millions across the globe who challenge abuse of power, all forms of unnecessary violence and social and economic injustice wherever it is found. We celebrate King's life, his principles and his values. We will honor our award by continuing, as best we can, to follow his lofty example.