- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Otahk gymnasts stay perfect
Southeast Missouri State University's gymnastics team remained perfect with a home win over Bowling Green 194.175-191.425 at Houck Field House on Friday.
The Otahkians (4-0) won three of four events. Katie Bloom won the vault (9.8), Tara Boldt won the balance beam (9.85) and Alexis Traylor won the floor exercise (9.875). Ashley Godwin was Southeast's top scorer on the bars with a 9.825.
Bowling Green's Melissa Popovich won the all-around with a 39.275. Popovich won the bars and did not finish less than third in any of the events.
Bloom and Godwin tied for second in the all-around with scores of 39.1.
The Otahkians were consistent in all four events, scoring 48.850 in the beam, 48.600 in the floor, 48.500 in the bars and 48.225 in the vault.
Southeast visits Missouri on Sunday.