- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Traffic crash claims two lives
DELTA, Mo. -- A second person has died following a head-on collision near Delta Monday afternoon.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reports 23-year-old Jessica D. Cato, of Advance, Mo., was pronounced dead at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis Tuesday afternoon. Another driver involved in the crash, 24-year-old Erin Powell of Puxico, Mo., was pronounced dead Monday afternoon at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The crash happened when Powell's car crossed the center line into the path of Cato's vehicle. Another car, driven by 25-year-old Stephanie D. Bess of Advance, struck Cato's car in the rear. Bess was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis and treated for minor injuries.
An infant in the crash, Powell's son Waylon, was also taken to Saint Francis, where he was treated for moderate injuries.