- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PUXICO, Mo. -- Erin Lynn Powell, 24, of Puxico died Monday, Dec. 3, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau from injuries sustained in an automobile accident.
She was born Sept. 30, 1983, at Dexter, Mo., daughter of Trent and Cathy Edmonds Shipman.
She and Eric Powell were married Feb. 25, 2005.
She had spent most of her life in the Bloomfield, Mo., community and was a graduate of Bloomfield High School.
Survivors include her husband, Eric Powell of Puxico; a son, Waylon Powell of the home; a stepdaughter, Natalie Powell of Bloomfield; her father and stepmother, Trent and Tammie Shipman of Bloomfield; her mother, Cathy Edmonds Shipman of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Trent Lee Shipman of Keller, Texas, Jared Frazier of Dexter; a sister, Misty Edmonds of Cape Girardeau; and paternal grandmother, Pat Elmore of Bloomfield.
Friends may call after 10 a.m. Thursday at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. at the funeral home, with Susan Hoyle officiating. Burial will be in Hills Cemetery near Bloomfield.