- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Central High School to present combined concert
The Central High School Music Department will perform in a combined choir, symphonic band, concert band and orchestra concert at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Bedell Performance Hall at the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus.
The choral program will perform selections from its Madrigal Feaste. The band program will feature players from its marching band. The orchestra will perform Vivaldi's Concerto for Flute in D major with guest soloist Paul Thompson, a university music faculty member, Southeast student Tanesha Reeves and Central senior Jennifer Wills.
Other concert musical selections will include holiday music and Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven."
For more information, call the high school at 335-8228.
-- Matt Sanders