- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Restroom fight leads to injury at Southeast
Southeast Missouri State University issued the following news release Monday afternoon:
A confrontation involving two Southeast Missouri State University students in a Magill Hall restroom just before 9 a.m. Monday resulted in injury to one of the two.
One student was taken to St. Francis Medical Center for treatment of cuts from broken window glass. He was discharged from the hospital after treatment.
The other student was questioned by the university's Department of Public Safety, which is investigating the incident. No charges have been filed at this time.
For more on this story, check back at www.semissourian.com or see tomorrow's print edition.