- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Patrick Edward Ellis, 44, of Sedgewickville, Mo., died Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007, at his residence.
He was born July 18, 1963, in Cape Gir-ardeau, the son of Jerry Dean and Leona Ates Ellis. He and Julie Ann Owen were united in marriage on June 18, 1983, at the Sedgewickville United Methodist Church in Sedgewickville.
Mr. Ellis worked for the Missouri Department of Transportation in Patton, Mo., and was a member of the Sedgewickville United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Julie, his father and mother, Jerry and Leona Ellis of Sedgewickville; two daughters, Jenna and Chris Burr and Mindy Ellis, all of Sedgewickville; two brothers, Gregory and Mary Ellis and Bryan Ellis, all of Sedgewickville; one sister, Pam and Ronald Walther of Jackson and two grandchildren Jayden and Kinley Burr of Sedgewickville.
Preceding him in death was a brother, Tony Ellis.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Anthony Stewart and Sheldon Owen Jr. officiating. Burial will follow in the Garden of Memories Cemetery in Sedgewickville.
In lieu of flowers, the family request memorials be made to the Sedgewickville United Methodist Church or to Mindy Ellis College Fund. Condolences may be left at www.lileyfuneralhomes.com.