- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Champ Preston, 89, of Perryville, Mo., died Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007, at the Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Feb. 5, 1918, in Lithium, Mo., son of Andrew C. and Cora V. (Ratcliff) Preston. He married Edith M. Lyle on Feb. 6, 1940. She died March 28, 2004.
He was a sawmill operator in the lumber industry. He was a member of the Baptist faith.
Survivors include a son, Wayne Preston of Bull Shoals, Ark.; a daughter, Marjorie Anderson of Imperial, Mo.; two brothers, Albert Preston of St. Peter's, Mo., and Wilbert Preston of Ferguson, Mo.; a sister, Grace Statler of St Charles, Mo.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Gerold McBride officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.