- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Marie P. Weiss, 87, of Sarasota, Fla., died Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2007, at Tandem Healthcare in Sarasota.
She was born Oct. 24, 1920, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Tim and Grace Kinder McGuire. She and Herman Weiss were married Aug. 24, 1940, in Gordonville. He died Oct. 9, 1971.
Weiss was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville and was active in church and Ladies Aid. She lived in Gordonville until moving to Sarasota 30 years ago.
Survivors include two sons, Tom (Delma) Weiss of Gordonville, Randy (Rosie) Weiss of St. Louis; a daughter, Dr. Susan (Ed) Ailor of Columbia, Mo.; a sister, Edith Hines of Asheville, N.C.; a friend of many years, Ripley White; eight grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gary Hoffstetter officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.