- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sports briefs 1/22/04
Jesse Orosco decided to retire, telling the Arizona Diamondbacks that he is ending a career that began in 1978 with the New York Mets. Orosco, who turns 47 on April 21, holds the major league record of 1,252 pitching appearances -- all but four in relief. He agreed in November to a minor league contract with Arizona that called for an $800,000 salary if he was added to the 40-man roster. Orosco was 87-80 with 144 saves and a career ERA of 3.16 with nine teams.
The Chicago White Sox have agreed to a $1 million, one-year contract with Shingo Takatsu, Japan's career saves leader. The deal is expected to be announced Friday, a baseball source said on condition of anonymity. Takatsu, 34, has 260 career saves, passing Kazuhiro Sasaki last year for the No. 1 spot in Japan history. He has topped the 30-save mark four times, including a career-high 37 in 2001. Takatsu had 34 saves last season for the Yakult Swallows, best in the Central League.
Bobby April was hired by the Buffalo Bills as their special teams coach. April, fired by the St. Louis Rams earlier this month, has 13 years of NFL coaching experience. He is the latest addition to a new staff being put together by head coach Mike Mularkey, hired last week to replace Gregg Williams.
-- From wire reports