- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Joyce Faye Grimes, 68, of Osceola, Ark., died Nov. 25, 2007, at her home.
She was born March 22, 1939, in Alabama, to Walker and Ola Mae Maynard Oakes. They preceded her in death. She married Levi Grimes. He survives of Osceola.
She was a retired office manager and a member of the Church of Christ in Osceola.
She is survived by a daughter, Glenda Hawks of Osceola; a son, Allen Grimes of Osceola; six sisters, Brenda Reed and Kay Colison, both of Advance, Mo., Linda Templeton of St. Peters, Mo., Evie Henderson of Olive Branch, Ill., Judy Akridge of Campbell, Mo., and Judy Huskey of Columbia, Mo.; five brothers, Ricky Cobb of Delta, Mo., David Oakes of Qulin, Mo., L.G. Oakes of Bald Knob, Ark., Glen Oakes of Osceola and Skip Thomson of Christianburg, Va.; seven grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a sister and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Wilson Funeral Home in Osceola. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Sweet officiating.
Burial will be at Dogwood Cemetery Mausoleum in Blytheville, Ark.