- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move 11/26/07
Local dentist recognized for volunteer work
Dr. Dana Cotner, a Cape Girardeau dentist, was named a "Healthy Smiles Hero" for Illinois for her work as a dental educator and practitioner with the School of Allied Health at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. Cotner was given the award by Illinois Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn in recognition of work to help underserved communities by visiting patients unable to travel to the school's clinic and for volunteer work doing dental exams on children and adults with autism. Cotner has been a professor in the SIU-Carbondale Dental Hygiene Program for six years.
EXIT Realty group welcomes new agent
EXIT Realty -- Thomas Meyer Associates announced the addition of Jennifer Grier as a new agent with the firm. Grier is a graduate of the University of Arkansas with a degree in psychology. She holds a Missouri cosmetology license and is a graduate of the Cape Girardeau School of Real Estate. Grier also has training in the American Bankers Association principles of banking and is receiving additional real estate training.
Sheets voted dental group's district trustee
Dr. Jay Sheets, a Cape Girardeau dentist, has been elected as Southeast Missouri District Trustee to the Missouri Dental Association Board. Sheets holds a bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University and received his doctor of dental surgery degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 1976. After a residency at Carle Foundation Hospital in Champaign, Ill., Sheets moved to Cape Girardeau, where he has been in private practice since 1981.
Jewelry co. promotes two local employees
The direct-sales jewelry company lia sophia announced the promotion of Jacquie Maxton of Cape Girardeau from adviser to unit manager and named Tracy Lawson of Jackson as a top sales adviser in its Excellent Beginnings program. Maxton won the promotion by exceeding her sales and recruiting goals. Lawson won the recognition by attaining sales objectives during her first 15 weeks with the company.
-- From staff reports