- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Violet V. Strebler, 88, of Chaffee died Thursday, Nov. 22, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 22, 1919, in Chaonia, Mo., daughter of Jeff Lloyd and Annie Delilah Rievley Morgan. She married C.A. "Shorty" Strebler on March 27, 1937. He preceded her in death on May 15, 1975.
She owned and operated a tavern in Chaffee. She opened the Toddle Inn in the early 1930s and sold it in the mid-1950s.
She was a member of the St. Ambrose Catholic Church, the Daughters of St. Ambrose, the Chaffee VFW 3127 Auxiliary and the Chaffee American Legion Auxiliary. She volunteered for the Chaffee Nutrition Program.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Danny J. and Brenda Strebler of Sikeston; two grandchildren, Nicole Altamirano of Marietta, Ga., and Matthew Maison Strebler of Las Vegas; four great-grandchildren, Madison Altamirano and Marcellus Altamirano of Marietta, and Caleb Strebler and Hunter Strebler of Las Vegas; two nephews, Arthur R. Morse of St. Charles, Mo., and Scott Sutterfield of Tallahassee, Fla.; and a niece, Bonnie Baird of Fort Collins, Colo.
She was preceded in death by her husband, two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation is scheduled from 1:30 to 2 p.m. Monday at the St. Ambrose Catholic Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating.
Burial will follow in the Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.
Arrangements are by Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Memorial contributions may be sent to: Sikeston Area Humane Society, 1900 Compress Road, Sikeston, Mo., 63801.