- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Margery B. Secl, 91, of Marion, Iowa, died Monday, Nov. 19, 2007, at the Dennis and Donna Oldorf Hospice House of Mercy in Hiawatha, Iowa, following a brief illness.
She was born Jan. 31, 1916, in Clutier, Iowa, daughter of Bedrich and Mary Posusta Kremenak. She and John Secl were married May 20, 1945, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He died Dec. 25, 2004.
Secl graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1936. She taught in rural schools before her marriage. She later worked 30 years in data processing at Western Fraternal Life Association, retiring in 1981.
She and her husband moved to Oran in 1989, and then to Marion in 1999. She was a member of Hus Memorial Presbyterian Church, Lodge Cedar Rapids 262 WFLA, Sokol Cedar Rapids and Czech Heritage Foundation.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Barron of Oran; a son, John Secl of Cedar Rapids; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Papich-Kuba Funeral Service in Cedar Rapids is in charge of arrangements.