- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary D. McGinness, 82, of Granite City, Ill., died Thursday, Nov. 22, 2007, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, Ill.
She was born May 19, 1925, in Jackson, daughter of Paul and Rose Steimel Browning. She and Charles Samuel McGinness were married April 24, 1948, in Washington, D.C. He died Aug. 13, 2001.
McGinness was a longtime member of Grace Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Paula Keelin of Pinckneyville, Ill., Susan Lewis of Granite City; three sons, Steve McGinness of Edwardsville, Ill., John McGinness of Granite City, George McGinness of Redford, Mo.; a sister, Jean Grantham of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters.
Visitation will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Wojstrom Funeral Home and Crematory in Granite City.
The funeral will be at 12:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.