- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Kristi Landewee and Eric McGowen were married Aug. 17, 2007, at St. John's Catholic Church. The Rev. Derek Swanson performed the ceremony. Shelby Vandeven and Cole Wesbecher of Leopold, cousins of the bride, were acolytes. Reader was Brittney Lee of Cape Girardeau.
Organist was Alissa Vandeven of Leopold, trumpeter was Josh Lamar of Cape Girardeau, and saxophonist was the groom. Soloists were Jill Bollinger of Kennett, Mo., sister of the bride, and Stan Seiler of Leopold.
Parents of the couple are Bill and Glenda Landewee of Leopold, and Jim and Marsha McGowen of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Lisa Landewee of Nashville, Tenn., and matron of honor was Jill Bollinger, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Julie Kuehle of Springfield, Mo., sister of the groom, and Joanna Sides of Cape Girardeau.
Don McQuay of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Mike Ford of Jackson, Adam Landewee of Leopold, brother of the bride, and Josh Lee of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Tyson Bollinger of Kennett, brother-in-law of the bride; Aaron Kuehle of Springfield, brother-in-law of the groom; and Jason Powless of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Candlelighters were Tyson Bollinger and Aaron Kuehle.
Giftbearers were Glen and Nancy Landewee of Leopold, godparents of the bride.
Angie Landewee of Leopold, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau. Servers were Pam Wesbecher and Kim Vandeven of Leopold, aunts of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 16 at Ray's Restaurant in Kelso, Mo.
Mrs. McGowen is a graduate of Leopold High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University. She is supervising secretary at the Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney's Office in Jackson.
The groom is a graduate of Central High School, and attended Southeast. He is information technology director for Cape Girardeau County in Jackson.
After a wedding trip to Savannah, Ga., the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.