- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dora A. Thompson, 78, of Jackson died Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 6, 1929, in St. Louis, daughter of Andrew and Ethel Musgrave Dowling. She and Pearl Thompson were married Oct. 25, 1947. He died Oct. 31, 2006.
Thompson was a member of the former Live and Learn Extension Club. She attended Bible study at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson; and attended worship services at First General Baptist Church and Immaculate Conception Church.
Survivors include three sons, Gary Thompson of Troy, Mo., Gerald Thompson of Oak Ridge, Mike Thompson of St. Charles, Mo.; two daughters, Glenda Fowler of St. Louis, Carol Simmons of Jackson; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.