- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Soccer player killed in St. Louis park when makeshift goal collapses
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Authorities say a teenage soccer player is dead after a freak accident at a St. Louis park.
Ranger Chief Dan Stritzel at Wilmore Park said the 19-year-old man died Monday night after a makeshift steel goal collapsed on him. He said the teen was practicing with a group of teammates and was doing chin-ups on the goal when it collapsed on top of him.
Stritzel said teammates tried unsuccessfully to revive the man, whose name was not released.
Stritzel said park employees removed the makeshift goals.
The park provides aluminum goals that are secured in the ground, he said.
(Dave Keiser, KSDK-TV)