- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cheetah cub escapes briefly from St. Louis Zoo exhibit
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- St. Louis Zoo officials are trying to determine how a cheetah cub got out of its exhibit for a short time.
The cub escaped around 10:45 a.m. Monday on a day when the popular zoo in Forest Park was crowded, in part because of the unseasonably warm weather. The cub was found a short time later, about 30 feet from the exhibit. It was unharmed.
A zoo worker tranquilized the cub.
While the cub was out, zoo visitors were told to go into buildings, but the zoo was not evacuated.
Information from: KSDK-TV, http://www.ksdk.com