- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 11/20/06
Neader defeats Cooper for men's singles title
Jackson's Darren Neader beat Danny Cooper of Sikeston, 6-3, 3-6, 7-6, to win the men's singles division at the Turkey Day tournament, sponsored by CATA, at the Class Act Family Fitness Center in Jackson on Sunday.
In the men's doubles division, Jackson's Shane Anderson and Cape Girardeau's John Davie defeated Cape Girardeau's Jerry Kinnaman and Danny Cooper, 6-1, 6-2.
In the women's singles division, Cape Girardeau's Lindsey Pingel defeated Jackson's Erinne Haff, 6-3, 6-4.
In the mixed doubles division, Neader, and Frieheim's Mary Bey defeated Cape Girardeau's Mike and Jan Keefe, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6.
Lane wins Turkey Trot by almost 1 minute
Ryan Lane covered the 5K course in 18 minutes, 57 seconds to win the 2007 Turkey Trot race Sunday.
Roy Leighton won the 1-mile race in 6:46.
Ryan Lane 18:57; Logan Davis 19:50; Cody Martin 19:59; Bryan Kelpe 20:00; Ben Beussink 20:20; Billy Leighton 20:40; Roy Leighton 20:41; Jared Tanz 21:07; Ryan Johnson 21:58; Dillon Klaffer 22:13; Neil Bradley 22:35; Collin Summers 22:40; Patrick Watson 23:09; Greg Hall 23:21; Eric Redinger 24:31; Johnny Vavak 24:34; Eric Boles 25:29; Joanne Huck 26:22; Bill Davis 27:14; John Moreton 28:38; Ann Huck 31:22; Mike Higgins 32:35; Bob Zeller 32:56; David Hardesty 33:17; Terri Chilton 37:15; Laura Crady 41:21; Amber Bertrand 42:00; Kim Kelpe 42:01; Bettie Huck 42:31; Terri Jones 43:43; Karen Preusser 44:04; George Chapman 46:49; Cassie Kipper 52:42; Bonnie Kipper 52:42.
Roy Leighton 6:46; Billy Leighton 6:50; Neil Bradley 7:59; Brennan Redinger 8:25; Ashton Hall 11:40.
Rockhill sets markat Points for Pizza
Jonathan Rockhill set an age 15-to-17 record with 90 points at the Points for Pizza Hot Shot basketball contest held in Jackson.
Other division winners were Jordan Charbonneau (74) in ages 12 to 14 and Seth Rockhill (17) in ages 9 to 11.
-- From staff reports