Health calendar 11/20/07
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
* Refresher childbirth class: 6 to 8 p.m. in meeting room 108 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Refresher class for those who have had children. One-session review of labor, delivery, interventions and sibling rivalry issues. Call Generations at 651-5825 to preregister or register online at www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
* Diabetes support group: 2:30 to 4 p.m. Diabetes Education and Management Center at Saint Francis Medical Center. "Managing Healthy Eating Over the Holidays" allows individuals to share feelings and concerns with one another in a safe, nonthreatening environment. For more information, call 573-331-5897. No registration necessary.
* Flu shot clinic: from 7 to 10 a.m. at Fitness Plus. Cost is $25. Medicare and insurance not accepted. No appointment necessary. Call 331-5316 for more information.
* Stroke and osteoporosis screening: 9 a.m. at the Osage Community Centre. Life Line Screening will test for blocked carotid arteries, abdominal aortic aneurysms and hardening of the arteries in the legs. Bone density screening is also offered to assess osteoporosis. All four screenings take less than an hour. Cost is $129. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 877-237-1287 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.
* McDonalds, 1302 S. Perryville Blvd., Perryville, Mo., 3 to 7 p.m.
* Perry Park Center, 800 City Park Drive, Perryville, Mo., noon to 6 p.m.
* Sikeston Factory Outlet Stores, Sikeston, Mo., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* St. Mary's Cathedral, Cape Girardeau, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* Perry County Memorial Hospital, 434 N. West St., Perryville, Mo., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.