- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ULLIN, Ill. -- Elmer A. "Sharkey" Adams, 83, of Ullin died Monday, Nov. 19, 2007, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 29, 1924, in Tamms, Ill., son of George Monroe and Rhoda Poe Adams. He and Carol Jean Dexter were married Aug. 20, 1947, in Mounds, Ill.
Adams was a retired farmer and member of Cache Chapel Methodist Church.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Gene Adams of Ullin; a daughter, Patsy Lance of Olmsted, Ill.; two sisters, Evelyn Strader of Edwardsville, Ill., Velma Adams of Alton, Ill.; six grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, and after 10 a.m. Wednesday at Cache Chapel Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Billy Carter officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill. Full military honors will be provided by members of Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 in Mounds, American Legion Post 178 in Villa Ridge and Cairo VFW Post 2649.