- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Chaffee accepts police resignations
Emerging from closed session, the Chaffee City Council accepted the resignations of police chief Larry Corn and Sgt. David Ivester without comment Monday night.
Corn turned in his resignation Jan. 9, and Ivester resigned Wednesday.
The resignation letter provided no reasons for leaving the force.
Their resignations occurred about a month after Cpl. Wayne Hampton also resigned.
Corn did not attend Monday's meeting, Ivester did.
The exodus cut the city's six-person force in half, but Hampton's replacement will begin work Friday.
The council also accepted the resignation of Councilman Doug Dirnberger, who cited conflicts with other meetings and family responsibilities as his reasons for leaving the council.